Jane Saxton is Meadowbrook College's School Health Nurse
Jane is contactable Monday-Friday, between 08.00 – 16.00
|Telephone:||Via Meadowbrook Harlow Centre switchboard on 01865 253198|
Further information can be obtained from the School Nurse Website:
or their facebook page
the role of a school nurse
Secondary schools within Oxfordshire have a named NHS School Health Nurse who is based in the school. The aim of the School Nurse is to offer evidence based preventative health care for children and young people. We strive to improve young people’s health and well-being, and their life chances. I will work closely with teaching and well-being staff at Meadowbrook College, encouraging students to be both physically and emotionally healthy in order to make informed healthy lifestyle choices and reach their full potential.
what school nurses do
School Nurses provide public health interventions, including (but not exclusive to):
- Someone to talk to confidentially to address issues concerning emotional, physical, sexual and social health and wellbeing
- Health lifestyle choices (keeping safe, smoking cessation, substance misuse advice)
- Support teachers with PSHE
- Refer and signpost to specialist services
- Offer a confidential School Nurse Service
- Provide contraception, pregnancy testing and sexual health screening.
The School Nursing service is confidential. This means we can discuss personal information with young people in confidence and will not discuss it with anyone else without their permission. However, we would pass on any information that we feel is needed to protect a young person or someone else from serious harm. Whenever possible, this would be discussed with the young person first.