free school meals letter
FREE SCHOOL MEALS ELIGIBILITY
Many children who attend Meadowbrook College are entitled to Free School Meals but parents do not claim for them. We are keen to encourage all parents/carers to apply for Free School Meals if you receive any of the qualifying benefits which appear in the eligibility list below.
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
This additional money is available to our school from central government for every child whose parent/carer is receiving one of the benefits listed above.
If your child has been eligible for Free School Meals at any point within the last 6 years, they will continue to receive the same support as FSM students until the next review date of March 2022. We will contact you with further information around this time as soon as we receive updates from the Department of Education.
Please note: We have just found out whilst trying to claim vouchers that we are only able to claim WEEKLY Vouchers from the government for children who are registered full-time with Meadowbrook College. If you think you are eligible for Free School Meals and your child is on roll at another school and only part-time at Meadowbrook College, then THE claim needs to go through to YOUR HomE SCHOOL BUT we will deal with this for you and contact your home schooL AND MAKE SURE THEY PROCESS YOUR CLAIM.
Please complete the form at the bottom of this page if you believe you are eligible for Free School Meals.
Please return your form to our Office address: email@example.com or by post (please text school to let us know that you have sent it in the post):
Banbury number: 07769220189 for children who attend West Bar site
Oxford number: 07557381909 for all children on other programmes (including Harlow Centre/Bridges/Ambrose House/Pioneers