Technical & Vocational education
part-time Vocational courses (1 day courses)
We provide a range of opportunities for students from local schools and academies looking for part-time Alternative Provision (AP). Most of this provision is managed and delivered by Meadowbrook staff but there are some opportunities offered by external providers in collaboration with Meadowbrook. We quality assure this provision as part of our service and ensure it meets current safeguarding and examination board requirements. Schools and parents should expect to receive regular student progress reports each term and students will be working towards nationally recognised accreditation at either Level 1/Level 2.
The Aim of each VOCational course is to:
- Encourage each student to develop the personal and practical skills and qualities needed for work
- Provide relevant training and accreditation meeting a wide range of different learning styles and opportunities
- Provide a practical/'hands on' experience, in a 'real' workplace environment, designed to engage and motivate students with their learning
- Give students a 'taster ' experience of a chosen Vocational area. Helping them to prepare for progression into Further Education, Training or Employment
- Encourage and support students to realise their true potential by unlocking possible skills and qualities in practical subjects
All students who complete their vocational/technical courses with us will:
- Leave the course having gained an insight into their chosen vocation/technical subject area
- Achieve a recognised accreditation at Level 1 or 2 (depending on the length of time they have been with us)
- Build portfolio evidence that will help towards future college/apprenticeship interviews and further career planning and progression
What courses are available?
Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on courses available.