Voc Courses & Alt Prov
Vocational Courses & Alternative Provision for Schools
Meadowbrook provides a range of alternative provision opportunities for mainstream students. Most of this provision is managed and delivered by Meadowbrook staff. There are some opportunities offered by external providers in collaboration with Meadowbrook. All provison meets current safeguarding requirements, is offered with regular student progress reports and nationally recognised accreditation. Please click here to access up to date information on alternative provision availability.
VOC courses are designed to encourage each student to develop the personal/practical skills and qualities needed for work, learning and to help them achieve their full potential. VOC courses are intended as practical “hands on” programmes developed to engage and motivate while being taught in relevant vocational workshops and environments.
The Aim of each VOC course is to:
- Provide relevant training and accreditation meeting a wide range of different learning styles and opportunities
- Give students a 'taster ' experience of a chosen Vocational area. Helping them to prepare for progression into Further Education, Training or Employment
- Encourage and support students to realise their true potential by unlocking possible skills and qualities
- Students will leave the course having gained an insight into their chosen subject area
- Achieved recognised accreditation
- Built portfolio evidence that will help towards future career planning and progression
What courses are available?
Please refer to our alternative provision table for all courses details.
How to Refer
If you wish to refer a student to one of the VOC courses please complete a VOC referral form and send to:
The Harlow Centre