Bridges programmes have been developed to provide a comprehensive and integrated interim education package for vulnerable and challenging students. Each programme can be tailored to meet the needs of an individual student.
Bridges includes a variety of options alongside the direct provision of education to a student’s needs.
These options include:
- Bespoke education packages for key stages 1-4
- Quality assurance and brokering of alternative provision and tuition
- In school outreach and mentoring for identified students and groups
- Training and support for school staff
All provisions will include monitoring and reporting of students’ achievement and progress.
Students can be referred for a variety of reasons including:
- Permanent exclusion
- ‘At risk’ of permanent exclusion
- New to the county and awaiting school allocation
- Subject to a managed move
Each programme is designed to ensure that the student receives an appropriate level of provision and prepares them for their future placement.
The Bridges approach is holistic-based and uses solution-focused and restorative intervention techniques to create an environment where positive learning and change is achievable. We believe every child is an individual and has potential to make progress.
We focus on:
- Providing a stimulating educational experience which enables the student to make progress
- Establishing good classroom routines and etiquette
- Improving emotional literacy and awareness
- Improving resilience
- Developing and practicing strategies to use in challenging situations
- Preparing students for transition to their next placement
Please use the form below to refer students to our Bridges programme.